August 18, 2008

Reminiscence


I was clearing up some stuff in my room yesterday noon. Things have been untouched for ages and the layers of dust have been piling up thick.


I still haven't dispose of my form 5 add maths tuition notes from Ms. Lee, my BM tuition notes from Aziz and all my A-levels notes. Oh, from long, long time ago. As I was flipping through those pages of terrifying maths that I used to do, I was just telling myself "damn, I've never done so much maths in my life". Going to Ms. Lee's tuition was exactly like having the whole Alps laid upon your shoulders. That was how much the workload was and I think, still is. And I remember I had no comrades with me while all others came in gangs. In other words, I was the black sheep. I don't know why no one from school went there since she's one of the best maths teacher you can ever find throughout my sunny island. This I guarantee. Her list of new students for next year starts 2 years before or so. Imagine fighting for a place just to listen to her and be dumped all sorts of maths papers and idiotic formulas at your face in a small little cosy house which you'd be often served with chocolates, cakes and drinks. The irony. Then again, thank you Ms. Lee for everything , otherwise I wouldn't have gotten that A =)


And then, Aziz's tuition. That was much more fun. I had Mei and Diana with me =D We'd be talking about how soon he'll get lung cancer from all those cigarettes. LOL. And how often he refuses to zip his pants. -_-


I opened my other cabinet and I found a photo album of my last break monitors camp in school. I realise I miss those moments so much. Blian, Melanie, Mei, Su Lin, Angel, KC, Pei Pei, Mei Fen, Li Tinh, Su Sien etc etc. Most of all, Miss Su. Despite me looking like a geek back then, these were some of the finest moments that I'll forever remember. You know they say that your high school friends are those that'll make an impact in your lives and they're the ones whom you'll never forget. =)


And then, last night, I watched badminton men singles final. It was hideous. It was disgraceful. Menacing. Lifeless. Unenergetic. Dead. Garbage-like. Uninspiring. PERIOD. Lin Dan didn't even need to flick his racket much to kill off our top seed LCW. What an easy game it was! Maybe he knew he wouldn't be able to beat Lin Dan but at the least, give him a tougher fight and make it a little more worthwhile for Lin Dan to win the gold medal but all he did was make Lin Dan look exceptionally phenomenal and himself, an idiot, a fool. He didn't even have the fighting spirit, that wanting to win look upon his face. We were all expecting an exciting game but it turned out otherwise. It came to a point where Lin Dan's winning smashes became a laughing joke because LCW couldn't even handle such an easy stroke. Sigh. Good for you, Lin Dan. And I'm glad you win. Shame on you Lee Chong Wei.

No comments: