July 4, 2008

Randomness

Today was ok. Nothing out of the box. Nothing exceptionally extraordinaire and bizarre. Watched "Get Smart" at Midvalley. Was absolutely humorous. Anne Hathaway was really good. I'm sorry I am never a fan of Steve Carrell. Neither do I watch The Office. The Rock was WAY TOO HOT!! OUCH! You should've seen us going "AHHhhhhh" *melts* when he appeared. Plus, I didn't like the fact that Anne Hathaway kissed Steve Carrell too. So yeah, a 6/10. An additional 0.5 marks for its unstoppable laughters. =D

And then I came home. Absurdly bored. No plans for the weekend. It's just pathetic! I'm sorry I'm not more of a social butterfly. Then again, maybe I'm not. I need to be alone at times. Ok. Maybe most of the time I am alone here. That explains why the blogging spell is being so much of a salvage for my pityful soul. I like writing, anyway. Fine. Typing, in this manner.

Then I watched "Becoming Jane". It was stupendous. Complete flawless acting by both Anne Hathaway and James McAvoy (one of my most favourite actors of all times since "Children Of Dune"). They were just stunning. In case any of you haven't already know, it is the love story of the timeless, classic English novelist, Jane Austen herself. And that lucky guy (or maybe not so lucky afterall *spoiler*) was Tom Lefroy. Of course, Anne Hathaway isn't very much English in it, but still, she was absolutely gorgeous and wonderful. It just amazes how beautiful she is. Even in "Get Smart", she's every man's dream. For a moment, I wished I was a guy. Her eyes, her lips, they're so intoxicating! And there's no denying that James McAvoy is one hell of a talented actor. And he's really getting very good at it. Too bad he's married =( Maggie Smith and Julie Walters stars as the supporting cast (the former being Professor McGonagall and the latter being Mrs Weasley in Harry Potter LOL..I'm sorry I just couldn't help it). Great performance. A complete 9/10 ratings. It would've possibly been a 10/10 if only the ending was what I wanted to see. LOL I like happy endings! Sad endings make me depress! =(



Somehow, I just have a knack for such movies. Those set in the early centuries of England. Take "Pride and Prejudice" for example. I just adore it to bits. I've watched it over and over again until I lost count of the number of times it played on my DVD player back at home, and here. Although I haven't watch Colin Firth's Hallmark version of it, which I'm sure I'd love it just the same as Kiera Knightley's portrayal as Elizabeth. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen. In fact, it's a little embarassing to say that I've only quite learned a little more of her after watching PnP. But of course I do know who she is and what novels she wrote. I ain't that ignorant. Maybe someday, when I have a little more time to spare and a whole library dedicated to me, I'd read Sense and Sensibility, Emma and Mansfield Park.

"Atonement" is another of my favourite. At least it was when Hollywood started to take notice of James McAvoy. But be warned, for those soft at heart, you wouldn't like the ending. It's too depressing. Very. Sigh. "The Other Boleyn Girl" was brilliant as well. Very in line with the English history and very dramatic! Love it to bits as well. History has always been my favourite subject just in case none of you know. Especially the ones that are "non-Tanah Melayu atau Asia Tenggara atau Sabah Sarawak" LOL Plus I like how bitchy Natalie Portman is OWH!!! Eric Bana is just amazing, so is Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman. I love seeing women in those big frolicky gowns, with their hair all in curls and tied up. And I love the English accent! =)

As silly as it may sound, at times I wished my life was that dramatic as well. I mean dramatic in a good way, with a happy note to the end. I don't want my life to just end like Jane Austen's. Unmarried in the end and died at such an early age of 41. Of course she's now one of the most noted novelists in history but then again, "what's the pleasure in life when we can't be together?" by Tom Lefroy to Jane. How I wish life could be more of a fairytale.

No comments: