July 26, 2008

KKB rotations posting

I've got some of the pics up, but not all of them. The rest are with Chen Yi so we'll just have to wait =)

Anyways, we were all pretty depressed that we had to go KKB, me more. The only source of food there was 98 Restaurant which is made famous by the frequent visits of IMU students, the chicken rice next to my favourite waffle and ice cream stall (damn, it's the cheapest waffle and ice-cream i've ever encountered!!! Rm 1 for a scoop of icecream and Rm 1 for a waffle!) and the mamak stall and the 7 eleven which supplies everything and oh! the grocery stores as well where the packet of milo is 40 cents cheaper than those in the 7 eleven.

DON'T EAT THE FOOD IN THE HOSPITAL CANTEEN. IT SUCKS BIG TIME. Makes me vomit!!!

It was pretty tiring, the whole 3 days. Had to wake up early and Dr. Lim's enthusiasm just didn't make it better. She wanted reports, summaries, this and that and she's a really fussy woman. Oh, never forget Sister Rita. My god. She's a real pain in the arse. I have never NEVER ever EVER met anyone that could make me hate her, dread her, detest her, for life! She is just the very person you wish would vanish into thin air when she starts to speak. OH MY GOD.

We didn't exactly get to see any extraordinary cases. But there was one which Sundar, Selene and I clerked which was really sad. She had a misabortion and was waiting for 6 years for a baby to come along. So, this was her first. Misabortion means (according to Dr. Lim) she previously (probably) was pregnant but there was a miscarriage during the early months or even the early weeks and the thing is, she doesn't even know that she was pregnant in the first place. Thus, the zygote/fetus was left in the uterus for years leading to later complications such as this. Selene and I didn't get to interview her cos she speaks only in Tamil. But one can really tell that she was devastated from the tears that were verging on pouring out. Very sad. =(

The nurses' hostel is so filthy that I couldn't even bare to empty my bladder, let alone defaecate =S Sigh. Beds were filled with layers of dust, cobwebs etc etc. and it was so hot on our first night (Khine, Selene and I couldn't stop complaining). It was terrible. Thank god it was our final posting at KKB (I hope I don't get posted here for my houseman years).

We managed to visit the dam and the "bridge" on our last night. The view was absolutely breath-taking. I never thought I'd see such a panaromic view in Malaysia. LOL.



The scenic view surrounding the dam

The dam itself

The guys trying to be monkeys LOL (Sundar and Kelvin)

From left: Avinder, Devaki, Huiling, Me

Huiling and I =)

This is the bridge! =D
HAHA syok sendiri. It's just the thought of standing in the middle of the road *grins*

Some of the guys wanted to drive up to Fraser's Hill that day itself since it was only an hour away. But most of us (the girls) wanted to stay back cos we're pretty exhausted already and it would be rather late by the time we came down. So, we had our last meal at KKB at the 98 Restaurant and had our beloved ice-cream and waffle =DDDD

Headed back to the hostel, played our cards (bridge and chor tai ti!!) and MAFIA. LOL I'm really bad at it =( Came back to Vista the next day via Kaarthig's car =) Never loved Vista that much!

I guess I still need to improve on my BM cos it sucks big time honestly. It doesn't even come out right. Sigh. GP posting starts this coming Monday. I hope Dr. Lim Huat Beng is still as nice as he was 10 years ago when i frequently visited him as a child =D


No comments: