September 14, 2008

The Return of The Boybands

Whoever said boybands are history? Whoever said boybands are just...typically boybands, guys with killer looks who does cheesy songs? What a huge misconception that is.

Let's see. The Beatles were one of the biggest hit back when I hadn't exist. I'd have to say John Lennon is more of a talent that Paul McCartney is. Sorry dude. Or maybe, I'm just too tired of the whole drama between McCartney and his stupid wife (you-know-who). Ex-wife, to be exact. Their songs surpass all age, all barriers and they're a joy to listen to. "Imagine" and "Let It Be". Definitely my all-time Beatles favourite =)



And then, here comes Take That. Never really a big fan of them. Gary Barlow was the only one worth watching anyways. Robbie Williams...err no comments. Then, the ghastly news of them breaking up, with Robbie leaving. Boy, were the girls in tears. I was only less than 10 years of age? What could I have done? My hormones weren't at a rise yet! LOL However, they did have some pretty good songs to boot as well. "Back For Good" was definitely my kind of hit. Good job to Robbie Williams though. Leaving the group proved to be a massive change in his life. =D

The age of boybands didn't just stop there. There were more. More, more and more that I couldn't possibly list them all here. (Spice Girls is a girl band lah, you idiot). LOL

OOOhhh..Boyzone. Definitely one of my favourites back in the 90's. The news of Stephen being gay was terrible. However, it was Ronan Keating that we were all interested in. In fact, he and Stephen were the only ones singing. And after Stephen became infamous with his gay news, Ronan seems to be the leading frontman. Teehee! I really liked "No Matter What" and "Love Me For a Reason" although it wasn't originally sung by them but the fact that I heard it first from them made all the difference =) Again, the frontman had to fly solo. He did it well I must say. But here they are, back with a blast again! With "Love You Anyway" (found this from papa) HEe!



Here's another boyband I ain't that familiar with. New Kids On The Block. Heard of them back when I was a toddler. Never heard their old songs at all. Even if I did, I wouldn't know anyways. Joey McIntyre went solo and delivered "Stay The Same" and that was all that was ever worth hearing from him. At least, to me. I guess people never get tired of come-back-boybands. So they released their new single "Summertime". Not exactly all hyped up about that song lah. It's just OKKK...Plus none of them appeal to me. Sadly.

This next group, all famous, all cool and all well-known. Need I say more. Backstreet Boys. Cat's a huge fan of them. I'm not. I always thought they were a threat and rival to my all time favourite boyband which I'd definitely be discussing later here. If you know me well enough, you'd know what I'm referring to right away. This whole frenzy over BSB, I never really understood it. Nick Carter was the only cute one. But ever since he dated Britney, blah, all down the drain. Plus, he's such a spoilt rich kid. Go watch "The Carters" or "The Carter's house" or whatever that was aired on E! some time ago. I couldn't be bothered anyways. Brian Litrell was the only person to look up to really. But I have to say, a lot of their songs are really good.

"I don't care who you are, where you're from, what you did, as long as you love me"
"Everybody yeah...yeahhhhhh...Rock your body yeah..YEahhh" LOL

And of course, there's a whole list of their newest songs. And since I'm not a huge fan, I'll leave it to rest here. Hee!

Ahhh..my all-time favourite. The love of my life. The king of my heart. The MEN of my dreams. With an autobiography to be proud of. My true inspiration. WESTLIFE. I can never, ever, ever, forget them. NEVER. From Shane, to Kian, Nicky, Bryan and Mark, I love them all. Despite being gay, I still love you Mark. I remember all their full names (trust me, they're LONG), I remember their birth dates. I remember which city they come from. I remember how it all happened. Phew. I fell in love with them almost instantly the first time I heard "Swear It Again" and there were only good things to come after that. I don't care if they did covers. I don't care that people think their version of the covers sound bad. I don't care if "You Raise Me Up" can never beat Josh Groban's. I don't care if people think that Shane and Mark are the only two who can sing well because I think that Bryan, Kian and Nicky they're all unique in their own way. I cried when Bryan left. I did. But hey, his new song is pretty good. Go check it out, "Like Only a Woman Can".

After so much of covers, here they are once again. Back, and better than ever before. With a new album, much anticipated one that is. "Home". All of it my favourite. Definitely. I grew up with them. I got through some of my darkest days with them. They've been such an inspiration to me whenever I needed strength. 10 years with Westlife. That's a long time. But there's definitely a lot more to come. Here's "Something Right", loved it to bits. I hope you enjoy them as I much as I do.





Tell me that isn't good and I'd kick your ass. By the way, this post is inspired by papa, Cmei, after reading her Boyzone post LOL. Now that's a huge Ronan and Boyzone fan, people! =D Who says boybands are lousy? You got it all wrong, hun.

WESTLIFE RULES!

5 comments:

cmei said...

yaya.. lui give me 5!!! who in this world can say boyband sucks?? those who say that r normally those who like their song but afraid to admit.. now i hereby say those fools "U SUX".. lui.. i liked ronan since.. wahaha.. std5.. 10 years dee lo.. new kids on the block i still prefer their step.. keke.. jordan knight used to look fine.. but now.. eyerr.. take that.. hah.. i love their song.. i still think gary voice beter than that robbie.. a million love songs.. so nice, i'd wait for life.. again. so nice.. gary's solo.. old song.. so help me girl.. lagi nice.. gosh.. type non stop.. i memang boyband fans.. wahaha...

Unknown said...

ahaha i know! some ppl are really idiots. ohhh gary barlow's so help me girl is really awesome! =DDD im a boyband fan too!! hee!

cmei said...

lui.. westlife still a few months to 10yrs.. dun make them old so fast.. haha.. i din realise u wrote so much.. dat time was studying jus browse thru.. ya britney spoilt every1 except justin timberlake.. cath gonna kill us cos caci her idol 2 at the same time... ngek ngek.. gosh totally crazy dee.. if u ever wan some songs from NKOTB, gary or take that.. i have some of them.. hehe.. proudly say>> i still love my wife most.. love ur mom always..

Unknown said...

ahahha yeah..almost 10 yrs d mah! =) nolah cat wont c this. she doesnt read blogs. or does she? oopps!! LOL i tink i'd rather have gary's n take that's songs. nkotb really don quite like them. =S ahaha u made ronan a girl??!!! poor ronan LOL

cmei said...

nono... dun misunderstand.. since u call me papa.. of cos i hv wife rather than husband.. cos me no homo.. ya take that songs nicer.. nkotb some not bad la.. i still say.. i love my 1st choice^o^.. my dear wife.. ur mom