October 5, 2010

sealed

people write the most beautiful things about love. i guess some people are meant to create beautiful love. ones that make you go aw, or ones that move your heart. the stories about how that one person changes your life in the best possible way. but truthfully, i can't write like that.

mine has always been broken. short lived happiness which only ends in tears. i quit giving myself excuses in your defense. i quit fixing my broken heart time and time again only to have it crushed with my own bare hands.

you love me. and i love you. and a line drawn between those two. the only reason we still hold on to each other is because we want to stay afloat from the grieving waters that we're afraid will drown and pull us down. but the truth is, we hurt each other even more when we're together and yet we find solitude in that pleasure.

maybe this is what's best for us. back to being just friends. you. and me. even though it may seem hard to let go now. even though life seems impossible without you. but i know in the long run, you and i will be a lot happier. it would only end this way. sooner or later.

edinburgh and all the other places we visited together wouldn't be the same without you here with me. i'm grateful for having shared that piece of beautiful memory with you in it.

so let me love you. and miss you. and think of you all the time. and what's more, give me that time to be away from you. let me let go of you.

love always,
your princess

No comments: