April 29, 2009

A Glimpse Into The Future

I think i'd finally know what it feels like to be a house officer or a medical officer in the next 4 years that is to come. i have never felt so much of pain in my legs and such horrible backache! walking up and down the stairs in imu everyday to the hospital really isn't a joke. 5 floors ok!! freaking tiring! my thighs were already aching and my feet already in so much of agony on the first day of my surgery posting. just great. bring in more of 'em please! i'm begging! NOTTT!!

other than being in pain from head to toe and acting like i'm some 80 year old granny, i had my first on-call on monday itself. going to the hospital at night is so much of fun. i mean not that it is fun being on-call, but rather the fact that it ain't so hot and there're less people. =D and it is so much easier talking to the patients during the night cos they're really probably bored. LOL. but i actually really enjoyed it! weird i know! but i think i like being on-call. =D

and today! i had my very first case presentation (CP)! my very first in my entire life. ok. maybe since i started clinical school lah. please do ask me which lecturer i got. =D i am generally quite satisfied with myself =) despite being really nervous =) and do tell me how proud you are of me LOLL =D

and today, we learnt about basic suturing techniques. i think even the lecturer was really frustrated with me. i can't tie a reef knot!! and i feel so dumb. LOL. then again, i don't really fancy instruments. bahh!

plus! i'm going home tomorrow! =D and yes, thank you kw for fetching me there. you know i'd be forever grateful lol.

No comments: