June 30, 2008

Euro 2008 finals

AHHhhh!! It would've been so much better if Germany had won the game this morning =(

Dad and I stayed up till 2.45am (mum was snoring away), and despite our eyes being half-closed, that sheer determination of wanting to watch the game so badly after being deprived of it throughout the league (vista has no bloody astro, idiot) made me squint my eyes so badly. LOL


I've loved football for as long as i could remember, thanks to my cousin brother who just couldn't stop going "GOALLLLLL!!!" everytime the football season is around the corner. And he was the very person who introduced me to my now all-time favourite, Manchester United!


Anyways, history aside. When Fernando Torres scored that goal, my heart just stopped beating. OUCH. And my dad just had to add to my already breaking heart that all his friends were betting on Spain to steal the cup away from my beloved Germany. Sigh. Ok fine. Maybe Spain was way more consistent than Germany. But Germany is such a talented squad altogether and I would really love seeing them win.

Torres scoring, Lahm looks on =(


Hate you, Torres. But still love you =( *rihanna and ne-yo "hate that I love you so" playing*

My defeated Ballack *sobs*

If only it were the Germans. Spain-Germany : 1-0


And so, the Euro 2008 has officially ended. Looking forward to the next 4 years again. But before that, the 2010 World Cup! GO GERMANY! And England! For the coming World Cup. God save England =)

No comments: