May 22, 2008

Of Buses and Trains

It's amazing how complex the human mind can be. Have you ever had this moment, where you'd just be sitting down at your table, and then you get lost in your pool of thoughts. So many things running through your mind. From what lunch'll be tmr, to how about dinner tonight? And then, how you get to where you are today, to what happens next to the China earthquake victims. And then, you forget what you were thinking of just a second ago. So much so that it amazes you that one could think of so many a things at one particular moment.


Anyways, I went home for the Wesak day celebration. And as usual, the temples were packed like sardines. Would never missed out a chance to follow the procession though. It was absolutely beautiful. I don't know if there are any of these in KL or not.


Chronicles of Narnia (Prince Caspian) was absolute brilliant for your info. And I really have to admit that all of them had better acting skills than my beloved Daniel Radcliffe. (I still love you Daniel=) And oh my, Edmund (Skandar Keynes) is soooo very hot! Since when did his testosterone levels shot up this high??!! Take me with you,Edmund!! LOL Quote Michelle: Oh my god, since when did we become paedophiles??!! LOL



Sigh..every girls' dream =) *melts*

Here's to another great news. The new American Idol has finally been crowned. As much as I want David Archuleta to win, I wanted Cook to win as well. So basically, I'm torn apart. I think they both really deserved it, and this is probably the most talented and interesting season there has been. There were already tonnes of speculations that it was gonna be a showdown between the two Davids. And true enough, it was. I didn't like Cook's performance last night that much as compared to his previous ones and Archuleta's, and I seriously would've stood by Simon. But then again, credit has to be given for the courage and effort they've both put in and to be able to stand in front of millions of people is something worth applauding for. Here's to Archie who never fails to mesmerize me with his rendition of "imagine" and "heaven" and to Cook for "always be my baby". Cant wait for their albums!! No pirated copies please, people. =D

His crowning glory.


David david david david!!

On to the not so happy news, when I found out about the earthquake that hit Sichuan, China from my mum, it didn't hit me hard enough yet as to how much damage it cost. Until my aunt told me she was literally crying when she the news on tv, then only did I surfed the net for more pics and info. It was plain horrible. I mean, it isn't just about how many people who're dead, and how many more are left trapped underneath all the rubble, but the damage that it brings to the survivors as well as their families is incomprehensible. Imagine your life being scarred forever. It's the aftermath that needs to be tended to. And at the same time, rescue and relief efforts have to go hand in hand. What's the use of getting people out of there when they're probably gonna die in the end without proper food, water and sanitation. It's a sad, sad world out there. Fathers and mothers dead, children gone...*sigh*


My heart goes out to those griefing and to the survivors. I wished the world would be a better place to live in for all.

No comments: